May 15, 2009

Kuwait at large!

For a civilian there is nothing fiver star in the military. Ask anyone one of your civilian friends what five star and military have to do with eachother. None of them will be able to make the slightest correlation. However for an infantryman four star can be denoted as a tent with a stove and warm soup (don't forget a dry change of clothes). However five star is a magical rarity nearly never seen but in short glimpes for an infantryman. We may see it from a distance, pass through it but never truely experience it.

Kuwait is our one chance to taste, smell, feel and experience five star military living. Starbucks 24 hours, Charleys steak, burger king, subway, baskin robbins, and a few more. 24 hour place to play videogames, watch tv from sofas, foozball, ping pong, pool.... Oh and I can't forget the actual pool. The great deals on shopping at the various area post exchanges. Great deals on cheap electronics from the Kuwaiti nationals. The air force women walking around looking strangely sexy in there physical fitness clothes. I'm dirty and I hit on them all. The gym is to die for, machines everywhere, ventilation system that truely removes the smell of ass. Right now while typing this I'm having an iced caffe latte in the starbucks using the.. Wi-Fi hotspot. For an infantryman it doesn't get better then this. Sure its sandy and I live in a tent here. I don't care... for now I will live it up until then send me to the Stan (Afghanistan you uncreative nimrods...).

If you have a friend, family member or such going to Kuwait and they tell you its hard... tell them to shut the f*** up. I have yet to truely complete any work here. We will start soon, but until then breathe deep. If my posts seem like things are they details, well they are. I can't tell you everything but I'll tell you what I can. Oh and to "My New Haircut" when I walked in the gym today and the Kuwaiti guy told me to sign in, I did reply "Not now cheif I'm in the f**kin zone". However I didn't have the case of water. Airforce girls just walked in the Starbucks, gotta go....!

No comments: