May 19, 2009

Your mom is an Air Force girl

I'm getting totally restless, malaria pills stopped giving me vivid dreams. Those dreams were a whole hell of alot of fun. Now that there gone I spend my day running in 120 degrees farienheight to a pool. When I get there I'm immediately handed a towel by one of the Kuwaiti works. In his best broken english he says "here ya go". However it sounds like "rere re ga". I take off my running shoes and T-Shirt. The guys at the pool are like "We need an extra man lets play volleyball". At this point I don't even acknowledge them anymore. I dive in the water and do laps. I do these till it feels like I'm breathing saltines instead of oxygen (think long and hard). I swam with the most motivated british guy ever. "Eh I swim like everyday, I love it, it gets the blood movin like a wanker in a snow storm, ya". Tune those words to your favorite northern british accent. This dudes burns me every step of the way when I swim. My goal is to beat him before I leave. I want to get to the other side and splash him in the eyes while screaming "blooty wanka!" I will have my day... After all that I run back to my tent and put my face in front of the AC. "Rockwell your to motivated for me" they tell me. "Who the hell runs in this weather". This is coming from people who do the exact same job as me. The irony of it is, they will be running in this weather soon.

I curl up to one of the two books I'm working on. One is called 'I hope they serve beer in hell'. Its about the drunken follies of Tucker Max. He is by far a true mans man. Very inspirational stuff for a guy like me... The other book is 'Naked Economics'. Its about economics without the curve charts and mathematics. Its humorous to and I really love econimist think anyway. The best way I can explain ecnomic think is this: How best to utilize the worlds resources and motivate everyone to be of more utility to themselves. Its good if your into investing like me. Its helps you learn alot about emerging markets as well as globalization.

Air Force girls have been really nice to me this time in comparison to my last visits here. I have no clue why and have no further analysis on it. My conversations with them have lead to extreme laughter and succesful future conversations. I feel as though I am walking toward a trap. However I did not sign the agreement to the rules of this camp. I will say no more.


Quote representative of the last week:

"Every day after I wake up, I think, 'Wait... this can't be real; I'm still going to wake up.' " - Michael Phelps

I feel like a damn king, this won't last long... Afghanistan anyone?

1 comment:

Krista said...

I figured it out! hahaha

As much as I hate womanizers and manwhores, I have to admit that Tucker Max is effin' HALARIOUS! And really, I even have to admit that the type of girl he dates have it coming :P

Good luck with the ladies ;)